For current VentureClasses, please check our agenda, below you will find a list of speakers who generously dedicated their time to share their experience.
Previous speakers of VentureLab Classes
- Jeroen Kraaijenbrink, associate professor of strategic entrepreneurship at NIKOS-UT, strategy lecturer, consultant, and writer
June 18: New Style Strategy; How to generate strategy that actually works
- Maggie Feng, director of Wittenborg University Apeldoorn
June 2015: When East meets West: A very Dutch women from Beijing
- Neil Sheridan, CEO and founder of SVPI, LLC,
March 26 2015 invited by VentureLab North
- Paul Jenkins, co-founder TinyEye Europe (on-line speech therapy)
January 2015 – “Innovation in Healthcare; from dream to reality“
- Saras Sarasvathy, Sarasvathy was named one of the top 18 entrepreneurship professors by Fortune Small Business magazine, December 4, 2014 invited by VentureLab North
- Harry Romkema, Serial entrepreneur (Utopics (1988-1995), Topicus (1998-now), Topicus incubator (2014 – now)
November 2014 – “Open innovation and co creation – experience matters”
- Clemens Mensink, Business Development Manager at TeledyneDALSA
October 2014 – “Axiom IC and Me; The Whole Story”
- Paula Danskin Englis, Dr. Paula Danskin Englis is Professor of Management at the Campbell School of Business, October 16, 2014, invited by VentureLab North
- Wim Geul (l), oprichter en CEO van de Gullimex bedrijven en Jo Suys (r), vestigingsleider Belgie en lid van het directieteam
September 2014 – Internationalisation at Gullimex
- Lukas Roffel, CTO of Thales Group
June 2014 – Innovation Management; how to find a problem to my solution…
- Dick Theisens, founder & Managing Director of Symbol BV
April 2014 – Strategy & Business Development; applying Hoshin Kanri in achieving operational excellence
- Willem Poterman, “Verbeterman”
Venturespecial March 2014: “Improvementtalk”
- Peter Smit (L), Managing Director Voith Paper Fabrics BV & Sandor Lowik (R), assistant professor NIKOS, UT
February 2014 – Competencies for Innovation. Presentations Smit and Lowik
- Jaap Favier, managing partner, The Small Circle
September 2013 – The ROI of social media; what is the secret of bars?
- Bert Reijmerink, CFO, Genalice May 2013 – Financing innovatie business development
- Mark de Vries, CEO EuroDev March 2013 – New Approaches to international business development. Click here for his presentation.
- Prof. Aard Groen, professor of Innovative Entrepreneurship & Valorisation @ University of Twente & University of Groningen, and academic director VentureLab
January 2013 – “VentureLab International: Results and future plans for business development support and research”
- Jitse Groen, CEO at Thuisbezorgd.NL / Takeaway.com
November 2012 – “Thuisbezorgd.NL – expansion of a success formula to Germany and the UK”
- Alexander van der Lof, CEO TKH Group
October 2012 – “Interationalisation strategies at TKH”
- Jan Smit, Global Director & Gert Boers, VP Marketing & Business Development Power-Packer Europa BV
September 2012 – “Power-Packer; strategy, structure, people and processes”
- Rob Snel, ex-Managing Director at Royal Grolsch NV
May 2012 – “Leadership”
- Prof. Aard Groen, professor of Innovative Entrepreneurship at NIKOS and academic director VentureLab
April 2012 – “Strategic marketing 3.0″
- Dr. Mark van Vuuren, assistant professor University of Twente.
March 2012 – “Entrepreneurship as professional identity”
- Prof. Dr. Frans van Vught, Owner at FVV Consultancy, the president of the European Centre of Strategic management of Universities and the former president and rector of the University of Twente.
February 2012 – “The Europe of innovation, competitiveness and growth”
- Ir. W.J.P. Wim Smit MBA Msc, former CEO TSI Solutions, TLC Group and serial entrepreneur
January 2012 – “Challenges, risks and remedies of (too) fast business growth in the Netherlands economic context”
- Ruben Wegman, Chief Executive Officer of Nedap N.V.
November 2011 – “Strategy Development in an Innovative Organisation”
- Dr. Russel Hancock, President & CEO of Joint Venture Silicon Valley Network
October 2011 – “Joining forces to build a regional ecosystem“
- Willem Jonker Vice President Philips Research in 2006. In 2010 he became CEO of EIT ICT Labs.
June 2011 – “EIT ICT labs”
- Marcel Roorda COO and Cofounder at Service2Media.
May 2011 – “High-Growth Strategy in a Rat Race Market”
- Dr. Efthymios Constantinides assistant professor in Social Media and e-marketing at the University of Twente.
March 2011 – “Social Media as Marketing Tools: Valuable for SME’s?”
- Prof. dr. Clemens A. van Blitterswijk Scientific director of the University of Twente MIRA Institute.
January 2011 – “Entrepreneurism in Life Sciences”
- Uzi de-Haan Professor in the Faculty of Industrial Engineering and Management at the Technion, the Israel Institute of Technology after a career in business.
December 2010 – “High Growth technology companies, the case of the start-up nation Israel”
- Shaker A. Zahra Department Chair, Robert E. Buuck Chair of Entrepreneurship; Professor of Strategy & Organisation, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota; Academic Director of the Gary S. Holmes Entrepreneurship Center; 3TU professor in International Entrepreneurship.
November 2010 – “Global Innovation Networks and Their Implications for Entrepreneurship”
- Roel Pieper CEO in international firms since 1990.
Also professor of E commerce and E business at the University of Twente.
October 2010 – “Cluster formation in the Value Chain”
- Prof. Staffan Gullander Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Stockholm University. Held different positions in large firms,
September 2010 – “Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Business Ethics”
- Arie Kraaijeveld Chairman of the “Innovatieplatform Twente” and supervisory director at Thales, amongst others.
June 2010 – “A Regional Focus on Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation”
- Prof Dr Dave H.A. Blank Scientific Director of MESA+, a leading research institute in the field of nanotechnology in the Netherlands and one of the largest in the world.
May 2010 – “Entrepreneurial Networks and Nanotechnology”
- Dr Matthias Fink Assistant Professor at the Department for Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship at the WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
April 2010 – “Theories explaining which businesses become successful”
- Dr Job Elders Business Director Thermo Fisher Scientific Enschede, following a career that included mergers, acquisitions and management buy-outs. Initial start up of UT spin-off company “Twente Micro Products”.
March 2010 – “Creation and Evolution of a Start-up Company in Micro Systems Technology (MST)”
- Dr Wybren Jouwsma Technical director and joint owner of Bronkhorst High-Tech B.V., a worldwide leader in the measurement and control of mass flow and pressure.
February 2010 – “Bronkhorst High-Tech, in motion for 29 years”
- Prof.Dr. Wim J. de Ridder Chair of `Futures Studies`, University of Twente and director of Futures Studies & Management Consultancy.
December 2009 – “The future at 2020: business opportunities for Europe”
- Jelto Kromwijk-Smits General Partner at Prime Technology Ventures (PTV), a leading venture capital firm investing in European companies in the technology and related industries. Earlier founder and CEO of the Philips Technology Incubator.
November 2009 – “Technology Venturing and Venture Capital”
- Paula Englis Associate Professor at the Management Campbell School of Business, Berry College, USA and at Nikos, UT.
October 2009 – “Entrepreneurial Firms and International Strategies”
- Dr. Roel Pieper investor and serial entrepreneur.
September 2009 – “Do’s and don’ts in high-tech Venturing”
- Steven Walsh Professor of Entrepreneurship and Co-Director of the Technology Management Center at the University of New Mexico’s Anderson School of Management, and internationally renowned academic and businessman.
June 2009 – “Technology and Business development”
- Jim Anderson William L. Ford Distinguished Professor of Marketing and Wholesale Distribution, and Professor of Behavioral Science in Management at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University.
May 2009 – “Value Merchants”
- Prof. Sarah Sarasvathy Associate Professor, Darden Graduate Business School, University of Virginia, USA. Named by Fortune Small Business Magazine as one of only 18 top professors in entrepreneurship.
April 2009 – “Effectuation: Elements of Entrepreneurial Expertise”
- Rolf de Vegt, MSc. Director Technical Standards of Qualcomm, Inc., USA. co-founded Airgo Networks, an innovative Wireless LAN fables semiconductor company in 2001.
March 2009 – “Personal experiences of High-tech Start-up and Growth”
- Prof. Staffan Gullander held different positions in large firms, now Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Stockholm University.
February 2009 – “Service and Product Innovation”