Business organizations who already have a successful online presence may wonder why it is virtually important to have an online presence in spite of the current successes they have been enjoying. Business blogs are a crucial tool for ensuring that the successes they current enjoy can be maintained and the current customer base will continue to expand and grow.
A blog can be a meaningful addition to an already successful website and add value that would not be possible without the use of a business blog. Here are three top reasons why a business blog is crucial in today’s online enterprise.
Real person personality-Websites which have a real person obviously behind it will stand out in comparison to the other sites that are static.
Easy updates about your business-People want the latest information, especially about new products and services, like My Career Tools website does for example. So another key to a great connection with your visitors is done by posting relevant and fresh information often,
Optimization If you analyze your website traffic you will notice that at least 40% of visitors come from search engines. People who are looking for specific products and services will use the search engines to seek what they need; your blog can provide answers and introduce many people to your products and services.
Business blogs are fast becoming an indispensable part of the online entrepreneurship and a concept embraced by many large organizations such as Microsoft and the Sun Microsystems. If these internet giants with such well-established names are using business blogs as part of their business strategy, shouldn’t you be considering this as well?
To fully embrace and leverage the power of social media engagement, a company blog is crucial. Your business gains the ability to communicate company ethos, goals, new products and services, and events by giving details in a blog and then spreading the word via social networks. It increases the conversation and engagement and gives your fans and followers details to sink their teeth into instead of just a blurb in the form of a status update or tweet.
The blog needs to be integrated with social media and there’s definitely a need to send teaser tweets about sales and services or news, or to run a contest on Facebook to reach customers. However, cautious, well-informed, potential clients, who make well-researched decisions and often are among the most loyal of customers want more depth; a company blog serves that need.
The 6 Reasons a Company Blog is Important
- Gives in-depth details about events, activities, programs, and opportunities – more than what can feasibly be placed on a static page which can sometimes overwhelm visitors.
- Potential customers will already be familiar with your brand, company, products and services and will be more likely to give you a try because they already feel a connection to your brand.
- Show customers that you care about their feedback and want to engage with them before they give over their hard-earned money.
- Foster goodwill and cultivate a positive online reputation.
- Establish a reputation as an expert in the industry. Become a trusted and reliable source.
- Control your online reputation. If you don’t tell your story, someone else will – via their own blog or localized news sources (think Patch, Examiner, and Yahoo! Contributor Network).