It’s possible to boost your personal brand by establishing a reputation as an expert in your niche. Experts are sought after, they get noticed, they can command higher fees for their services, and they get interviewed by journalists. In brief, becoming a recognized expert can help you achieve your business goals using less effort.
Until recently, becoming a recognized expert took decades and only the MBA degree or the academic degree granted the status of the expert but today even if you got your diploma through online classes you can be easily perceived as the expert. Showcase your knowledge in online and offline, choose the right strategy, and start your journey towards becoming a recognized expert using online marketing and social media.
Just say you want to be known as the expert on cutting machines then you should:
• Write articles about your niche and publish them on your website and blog. Your website is the virtual headquarters of your business. Every promotion leads to your website, so make sure your articles are visible and easy to find.
• Now you should think about promoting your articles. There are many ways in which you can do this. First, let’s take a look at LinkedIn. Add your blog URL to your profile, click on “Additional Information” in your profile, and add a link to your blog.
• Use the “update” feature – to share your blog posts within your network. Include the title of your post and a link. People linked to you will see such updates on their profile pages after they log in and they’ll receive your updates from LinkedIn on a weekly or monthly basis.
• Join groups. There are thousands of groups on virtually any topic imaginable. Once you join your chosen groups, you can participate in discussions and share your expertise. Treat this area like a typical forum, be helpful and don’t spam.
• Use Twitter to spread the word about your articles. Ask your webmaster to add a Tweetme button to your website. With this, you’ll be able to regularly tweet your articles.
• Retweet articles by other experts and they will do the same in return. Reciprocation is one of the most important rules of persuasion.
• Follow other experts on Twitter. Create your own twitter list or follow one of the existing lists.
• Provide an e-course or offer a newsletter. Send regular emails to your subscribers supplying them with useful content.
Follow these steps and you will notice a difference. I’ve done it many times for my clients and for my own purposes, so I’m certain that it works. If you’re consistent and patient, you will see results.